Monday, July 9, 2012

heat wave now. We don't usually in the Summer climb to much above +25* but once a year we'll get a +30* temperatures or warmer but nothing like they do in the US. We'll have this heat wave for this week and most likely by the weekend we'll be back to our +22* for the rest of the summer. (I hope)

This morning my wife and I sat out on our balcony sipping these "Breeze" Rum/pineapple coolers. Very nice and I got a nice buzz going to bed about 3am. I had a nice sleep.

I have to give my head a shake here. All my CFL Proline picks came in for me (on paper) I could win about $50 bucks here. All Home teams to win. Winnipeg/Montreal 30-41 on that Friday night. Game 1, 1 down 3 games to go. The double header continued on my way home Friday night. Hamilton/BC. The Lions had possession of the ball with about 20 seconds on the clock. it was 36-39 Lions. It was something like 1st and 20. A field goal kick here would be all that was needed to give me another win on my ticket. So what do the Lion's do? The run out the clock and drop the knee. Second down. They run down the clock again. WTF? They run it down to a 3rd down and drop the knee to 0 time on the clock. A tie game in the CFL is a difference of a 3 point spread. So even though the Lion's won, I lost because Proline says this is a tie game. I still have my ticket here and I'm going to bring it in in case I'm wrong or if Proline has changed the rule I didn;t know about but I think that stands. Oh it gets even better: Saturdays game Calgary/Toronto same score 36-39 but the Argo's were in a similar situation to BC but at least they kicked for a field goal to get the 3 points. Yesterday the Esks against Riders 1-14 for Regina. Edmonton didn't even show up. On paper my picks came in but the actual Proline results, we're 2 wins and 2 ties. But that was week 2. Let the games begin. 

Last night on the news they had this story about Mars and the Mars rover Opportunity that's been tracking all over the planet for about 10 years now. It gave us some fantastic images of the planet and others as shown on the news last night. I'd like to see NASA launch another probe to Mars only this time have one of those hobby type aerial drones so it can float over target sites. That'd be cool. It's going to be decades before humans actually land on Mars and certainly not in my lifetime.

We're losing so many Hollywood celebrates from my generation. February we lost David Jones from the Monkees and Ray Bradbury and last week we lost Andy Griffith and this weekend we lost Earnest Borgnine. All of these actors and writers were special to me growing up in the 60's but David Jones especially because he was old but he wasn't as old as Andy, Ray or Earnest and David was more closer to my age group. What a loss and we still have another 5 months left on the year.

Anne was about to head out and she comes rushing back in and says the GST check is here and another envelope for me. My Government ID that I applied for last week is in. All I need now is my SIN card. I haven't had the actual card in decades but I always know my SIN number. I think my SIN number is on my card, I don't know but it only costs about $10 to have a replacement card. This is going to help me tomorrow when I'm applying for my Scene Visa card. Good news to start the week despite this heat wave. It's still +30* and I doubt we're going to get to +32* but we'll see. Anyway, that's about all I have for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment