Tuesday, July 17, 2012

I was doing a bit of

research on my family. More specifically on my father's side. The only thing I know about  my father was that he was born in El Centro California January 1st 1922. Richard Warren Shannon. I know he had a brother and a sister Evelyn. She was married to some guy  named John and they lived in North Vancouver. I can't recall what his last name was. I remember when I was recovering from my back operation dad's brother came up to Vancouver 1968. I don't recall meeting him but I had a chance to talk with his kids. They were blonde twins I vaguely recall and I think about the same age as me. I think I met them once. I don't know much about what brought my father up to Vancouver. We have a photo taken of him on the street in 1940 when he was 18. I'd like to know more about my father prior to marrying my mother in 1951. My mother is Anglican by background about my father I don't know. From what my mother tells me, my grandfather died from some kind of an accident. I don't know if that was work related or what. I did some research that lead me to the California department of records or vital stats. I think the photo we had of dad was when he went to enlist in the armed forces shortly after Canada declared war on Nazi Germany. A lot of boys his age joined because of the depression.

Switching gears here, I was able to contact our Lodge secretary about the BBQ and he is unemployed again but might be taking a 3 month shut down job, which like last year could take him out of action as far as helping me out here. Apparently his sponsor in a pinch often help him out do the cooking and all and he's going to see if about enlisting his aid again to cook the steaks etc. I'm apparently going to be getting a follow up email, soon but we're running out of time.

I'm back at the job thing again in the morning. I've come to the conclusion that I don't care if they fire me now. I'm going to be getting my CPP pension in September. The thing is, this is going to only provide me with about 10% of my monthly income but I have some other options but I don't want to work in another call centre again if I can help it. Anyway, that's about all I have for now. 

No comments:

Post a Comment