Thursday, July 5, 2012

Again I'm up early

but mostly because of my bus pass. I'm worried that someone lifted it or the cleaning staff had got a hold of it accidentally with other papers off my station and it went  into the garbage. Unless Tim found it and put it aside but otherwise it should still be there if the cleaning staff hadn't touched it. People will be filing into the office in about 20 minutes or so. Especially James. He's probably in the line up at Tim's now getting coffee but he doesn't have keys to the office anymore so he has to rely on Keith. So far nobody knows about the message I left from Clareview station last night. Keith will give his kick-off to the business room and that should be about 35 minuets is when I'll call, but how this all came about is listed below.

I had nothing all day except when I did WR after dinner. I felt my blood sugar dropping over the last half hour of the shift as I couldn’t wait to get out of the building to get something at Tim‘s. I waved up to Anne‘s building as she sits near the window on the 17th floor. Brian asked the (new return) who I was waving to: “My wife sits by the set of windows in the Canadian Western bank place where from my office/station, I can see a partial section of probably floors 8-12. The building has 30 floors. So I split from him at Tim‘s and I‘m trying to get a donut but the kid in front of me cant decide what to get, while I don’t want to miss the train so I‘m getting PO‘d by the second and the clerk at Tim‘s is moving slower then a slug. Then I get a Boston cream donut and I got to the elevators at Corona to read the ETS Summer hour changes: Trains ever 15 minutes after 9pm or something like that. I could have ordered pizza delivery fast.

I got on the train and sent off a Tweet about 9:30pm. At Clareview station I realized uh-oh, something‘s missing. My bus pass/holder. I keep this wrapped around my neck but take it off at work because it drives me to ware it. Then it hit me. I left it at my station on the counter. Shit. My apartment keys are also attached to it as well. I had no way to get inside my apartment and Anne has the only set of keys. I had only a $2 coin (tooney) with me and I asked some of the passengers if they could change it. I got $1 from somebody on the train. I called the office but nobody was answering but I left a message for Keith who is usually one of the first in the office at 8:30am or James. I hung around on the LRT platform for awhile then realized Anne could have come from anywhere, the stairs or the ramp. I sat on the bench on the bus platform waiting for Anne’s 10:30pm train to come in 45 minuets later. I met her getting a cart and explained what happened. All of the staff had left by this time and I had no ones phone numbers to call. I was so preoccupied by my blood sugar dropping and wanting to leave, I couldn’t leave fast enough. Pisses me off. By this time 80% of the office had left at 9pm and by the time I was waiting for the most of the staff had left. I have several things going for me: The cleaning staff do not remove anything from desks because of the surveillance cameras everywhere. I met up with Anne and we walked home and everything I’m sure is ok. I’ll call when I get up in the morning. Anne said for me to leave the front door unlocked, she’ll be ok for one morning.

Switching gears here our local news had something from Cern. Have physicists found the elusive Higgs particle? They are almost 99.95 certain. Not that there are any real world applications for this at the moment but if this is the Higgs, then particle physics have found the Holy Grail of particles linking this to the theory of everything. Now if physicists can manufacture  more of these particles and study them, it’s going to be interesting to learn what they have found.

Other then accidentally leaving the bus pass behind at the office, I had a pretty big day pulling in a $240 sale on a card and a $50 on a card. I needed this but I got nothing from 7pm onwards. Nothing was coming my way. When I get up in the morning I’m going to call the office and ask if my buss pass is still there. I’m pretty sure it is. Next time right after lunch break I’m putting my bus pass holder in my backpack. Anyway, that’s about all for now.


No comments:

Post a Comment