Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Ok, I got the place

Ok, I got the place booked up. I contacted a lot of people and confirmed about 10 couples and others. I got Nathan to cook, I got Frank to bring the backed potatoes and propane, Dan’s bringing the bar to Neil, Neil has to get the key within the next 3 days. I’m calling him Thursday about the key to see if he’s got it and then to give him my list of what and how much. If so, then we’ll have the bbq. Unless he knows of a back door to get the key I don’t know about. Then if all goes well Neil might even be able to get the meat etc then we’re going to have a nice day Sunday. We’ll be done by 6pm and home by 7:00pm then I can breath a sigh of relief.

Last night our dialers were going off line several times through out the evening shift. We got a 20 minute break and then off for about half hour break as we were about 40 minutes or so away from packing it up and I had just got a $200 sale. So it was decided we all pack it up and go home. Works for me.

Tonight on Coast: Channeled Messages Author, researcher and expert in Edgar Cayce and ancient wisdom, Wynn Free, will discuss how he found himself in the middle of a series of dialogues with a channeled source who claims to have created the physical universe. Should be a good one.

The NHLPA and players/owners etc all got together in Toronto to discuss and avoid the possibility of a NHL players strike like they did in 2004-05. That season was the first time in history that a pro league shut down an entire season. If this happens it will be for the 3rd time since Gary Bettman took over as Commissioner. If this happens I don’t know if I want to support the NHL any more unless the Oiler’s make the playoffs. Other wise, I might not watch the Oiler’s anymore if the NHL has another repeat of the 2004-05 season and then resume in 2012-14 even if they have a new arena. It’s not something I’m willing to entertain altogether and I really need to rethink this.

Week #8 of the CFL is almost upon us and the schedule is this:  Thursday: Hamilton/Winnipeg. Friday: MontrĂ©al/EdmontonW     Saturday: Toronto/CalgaryT. Sunday: Saskatchewan/BC.T  I’m picking only 1 win and that’s the MontrĂ©al/Edmonton game and I’m going to put $5 on it and $5 on the lotto max.

After work I went and got myself a donut and a coffee and checked my email about the bbq. Nothing in at the time. I was able to catch the early train and caught the #112 Northgate a bus that would normally get me home as of July 1st 15 minutes early. After Labor day weekend that schedule returns. When I got home I noticed this big box in my room and Anne putting together a new office chair for me and it’s a huge improvement and feels a lot better. About 2am I’m going to pamper my wife a bit and I hope to be in bed by about 2:30am and listen to Coast for a while.

Earlier this morning I cashed in my $10 6/49 winnings the Redi mart had yet to post the CFL Proline picks but I was able to check my email and relax on my way in under some overcast hint of rain skies.

Update: Before break I had a chance to mention to James that I won’t be in until 5pm for the 4 hour shift, so I have a few hours for myself this afternoon. Anyway, that’s about all I have for now. 

No comments:

Post a Comment