Saturday, April 20, 2013

I had a good day yesterday

despite this crappy weather.

Finally, it took a game away from the Rex but the Oiler's won in Denver 4-1 Oiler's. Even though the Oiler's are out of the playoffs they can still play for conference position. If they can finish 9th and a point away from a playoff spot,I'd say that was a good but short season. Hall and Eberle could get 20 goals.

Not being all that well,I booked off for the rest of the afternoon and headed for home. Anne had something similar to what I got and after she called in she stayed home with me this evening.   

I was going to go to Commercial but I'm still not well and I was out the other night besides, I really want to go to their 100th celebration. That's the big one.

It looks like state officials and the FBI caught the younger brother of the 2 brothers responsible for Monday's Bombings of the Boston marathon. But the I think it was the mother of the brothers that said, they had no motive. But their behavoir up to this point doesn't exactly bode well to support that notion. 

In doing some BC transit research history this morning I came across a huge LRT project that's going on called the Evergreen line which when completed in 2016 will connect to the existing Millennium line. It's all automated but it's on the outskirts of Coquitlam. It doesn't pass through the heart of Coquitlam By that I'm referring to Blue Mountain Road/Austin/Como Lake road. Most of the Evergreen line is serviced by bus anyway If they had this as a kid in the 1960's I might not even know it existed as we never got out to downtown New Westminster that much except maybe twice when they had a bicycle museum there and when dad paid a visit to the union hall now known as local UFCW 1518. I have a fragment memory in the car waiting on a sunny day as dad gave me a bag of bbq chips. I recognized the back end of the building from Google maps. When that memory came to me I used to think that there was a bar there and there might have been one on that location in those days. I thought dad was going in to have a drink but in all reality if that had been a union hall at that time, dad might have been going there to check up on a job. I have no idea how old I was. So those were about the only 2 times I can remember ever being in downtown New Westminster as a child. At the corner of Como lake/Clarke road there was Super Value food chain. Similar to Safeway. Mom used to get groceries there and if this Evergreen line was there in 1964 I would have been slightly aware of it. I'm sure this new line will help some people but for the majority of folks in Coquitlam this doesn't help much because you still need a bus to get from central Coquitlam to the Millennium line. In looking at this now, it reminds me of a make work project and it's going to be an eye soar in some places. If the train was at grade fine but it's on a pillar type system similar to what Calgary has to their west end. Anyway, that's all for now. 

No comments:

Post a Comment