Saturday, April 13, 2013

Yesterday after work

I went out and got my free library card. What I like about it is that it gives me access to the Edmonton Public Library’s data base. I got it mostly for Anne to download music and stuff.

I09 is asking: What's the absolute worst space movie ever made? What is the very worst movie about space adventures? Weigh in below! Please make sure to include a picture of your choice. Read here. Personally the worst space movie ever made was “Starship Troopers,” and I thought “Saturn 5” was bad. Some think that. “Ice Pirates” pretty bad:


But I kind of liked it. I also liked “Buck Rogers in the 23rd Century.”

By now almost everyone has heard of “Bitcoin” the virtual currency. It’s a cashless system not controlled by any bank. This last week Bitcoin made the news because it was hacked by speculators trying to drive down Bitcoin’s value and fearing a “Bitcoin bubble” as a result. Some interesting points though about Bitcoin: Is it legal? Can it be enforced in any jurisdiction? Bitcoin on the other hand are not issued by any Government or Central bank and Bitcoin transactions do not go through banks or clearing houses. Bitcoin is an encrypted currency and now has a worldwide circulation worth of $1.4B. But Bitcoin’s book is still in chapter 1 and bitcoin has it’s challenges, such as disputes etc. I don’t know enough about Bitcoin to invest in them but they are interesting. 

Will we ever have Spring? Even now we’re expecting to have about 10cm of snow on the ground by this time tomorrow as it’s snowing right now all day today and all day Sunday. In all my 35 years here in Edmonton I’ve never seen April like this before.

Tonight I’m watching the Flames/Oiler’s game and having a cold beer and being a couch potato for most of tomorrow night. Then I have  Lodge practice Sunday night. 



One of my favorite comedians of the 60's Johnathan Winters has passed away. He was in "It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, Mad World" and recorded many comedy records. He died at the age of 87 of natural causes.

Not a lot going on this weekend and that’s just the way I want it. I’ve got some memory work to tackle for my Lodge this up coming week and I’ll be glad when its this time next week. I’ll be focusing on my lodge stuff this week. Anyway that's all for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment