Monday, April 1, 2013

We we're out at the bus stop about

2pm yesterday and we almost didn't get underway because of Anne's impatience we just about didn't go but a #11 was at the set of lights by Manning & 50th. We took the train to Southgate and after a 10 minute wait our #33 bus came by and we we're at WEM by about 3:40pm after a slightly uncomfortable bus ride through Riverbend, uggh. Anne wanted to go to Target but they weren't ready to open yet. I think the sign said April 15th. That took about 10 minutes off the clock before we actually got into the mall. 

We settled for Moxie's in Bourbon street. I hadn't eaten in this restaurant before or in any Moxie's. It's kind of like Earl's but nicer decor and a better menu. My wife had the turkey club but she didn't like it too much. I had the classic bacon cheese burger. The service was good and the food was decent enough. I'd go back there again. On a scale from 1-10,I'd rate Moxie's an 8.5. Then 10 minutes off the clock was spent while Anne had to shop at London Drugs, which was cutting into our movie time. In other words I didn't get out to Games Workshop or Chapters. That and the mall was packed.

Onto the movie. The first disappointment (unknown to us) was the movie was in 3D and we had to pick our seats from a touch screen, which was 85% full. Dark meant the seat was taken, white meant free. First time I had to do this, which I thought was cool. We almost didn't get the seats as it was way in the back but they were good seats. I almost lost my balance getting to the top of the stadium like seating. I got my seat looking for Anne and held up my hand and she recognized me. She lost her 3D glasses but when she went to get an extra pair in the meantime the patron beside her spotted them on the floor by my foot. As for the movie itself, I really didn't need the 3D glasses that much. I'm looking forward to Brad Pitt's "World War Z " as featured in the trailer. GI Joe "Retaliation" was a good movie and I liked the mountain ninja scene as glimpsed in the trailer. Why ninjas would wear red outfit's in a snowy mountain scene, I don't know. The movie seemed really long but lasted about 2 hours. I wouldn't say it's worth spending the current going rate. To me this movie is worth seeing at your local dollar theater. We got it from our Scene rewards points. If it wasn't for our accumulated Scene points I would have waited until GI Joe "Retaliation" came to our local dollar theater in July. Don't get me wrong, I'm glad I went out to see it. I'd recommend Moxie's and GI Joe "Retaliation." Out of 5 popcorn's I'd rate it 3/5.

Tomorrow, I'm going to call Jack to see if he's open for business and get my haircut. But before I see Jack I need to pop into Future Shop to drop off that disk and paper work, then see Jack if he's open. Then on my way home, pop into the Edmonton Public Library with my ID to activate my free library card, which I set up yesterday. City residence have up until the end of June to get it for free. After that basic renewal fees apply. I think. Then it's home to watch Monday night Raw and the Calgary Flames/Oiler's and my 5 day Easter long weekend will come to a close. But it's a short but busy week so I can't complain. Anyway that's all for now.
    

No comments:

Post a Comment