Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Story of my life:

I have "some heavy lifting" to do Thursday night and what do I get? A nice sinus cold to complicate matters and it's too short notice for me to find somebody to take my place. I can't get out of it. I'll be shaky as I'm about 70%. I've got tonight, with no interruptions to "polish" off what I know.

I booked off early yesterday and got some Sinus medication at the Baker Centre and I was going to get a Canada Post gift card to order a product from "Twisted Toys" that make third party ensembles for Native Instruments Reaktor as part of my Komplete 8 package. The clerk said the gift cards are being revamped. I was about to go home so at the corner across the street from Audrey;s I decided to get another Warhammer 40k book,11/12 of the "Space Marine Battles." I was talking about the Visa gift cards at the Baker Centre with my book ordering fellow and he said there is a Canada Post in Rexall at the end of the block. Ok. I decided to pop in anyway and they had the new Canada Post Visa cards. Great. I picked one up and headed back to Audrey's on my way to Corona station to let him know. "Hey thanks man, they have them there and they are the new ones." I felt good about that and went to the train platform and waited for my train home. On my ride home I did some memory work for my part tomorrow. 

Anne was still sleeping but got up to go make that bottle run she was going to do. i ordered my product but had a bit of trouble as my download didn't appear. I inquired about it and TT fixed me up right away.   

I was to busy enjoying that, memory work and watching YouTube "Hogan's Heroes" episodes to watch the Wild/Oiler's game. The Oiler's dropped their 6th loss as their playoff hopes dwindle. I got a feeling they're about to go on a winning streek over the next 5-7 games. 

Not much going on though today and not much in the world of Sci-fy or the strange. However I discovered this from the Coast website: On this date in 1866, a leaking crate of nitroglycerin in San Francisco exploded, leveling a Wells Fargo office and all surrounding buildings. And on this day in 1943, Swiss chemist Albert Hoffman accidentally discovered the hallucinogenic effects of LSD. Anyway, that's about all for today.


No comments:

Post a Comment