Friday, April 26, 2013

It was on this day

Friday April 25th 1980, was a huge turning point in my life. It was when I discovered "the Occult." (Insert Twilight Zone theme music here) Now I wasn't your typical practitioner of the mystic arts. I didn't do drugs, or had aspirations of being a Aleister Crowley wannabe as many of my peers. Yes, I went through the 4  OTO initiations and had been to many events but after our local Lodge imploded in 1995 my interest went with it. I initially got involved in the occult because I was trying to help a friend of mine from getting involved. She had got out of it early and I stayed in it for 15 years. I had some good times a few laughs and I don't regret my experiences. It took me a long time to realize that Thelema was/is a cult. I think I outgrew it but there were  some good people that are still around that I don't see anymore and many of them like me might still be in it if our local Lodge hadn't gone the way it did because of all the in fighting. Eighteen days after that first encounter with Thelema, it was suggested I began a "magical diary"of sorts.This diary became my daily diary and then my blog. I still write in my daily diary and open with Thelemic greetings and closings. There are some parts of Thelema that I miss like the Gnostic Mass. I never made any friends with these people as I made sure to keep this at arms reach. These people were colleagues,nothing more. So this is why April 25th (this Friday) means so much to me. 

I'm glad it's Friday because its the weekend. I've got some hockey to watch,music Smackdown. I'm hoping for a quiet weekend. Anyway, that's all for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment