Sunday, April 28, 2013

The game just over

Vancouver 2 Oiler’s 7! At least they went out on a high note with Yakapov scoring a hat trick for his 17th. And that was half a season! The Oiler’s finish with 45 points putting them at 11th. What did them in this short season was goal tending and losing those 6 games earlier this month. They needed 56 points would have got them in, or 11 Points. The Oiler's finished 12th with 45 points. If they get a better goaltender in the off season and make some minor changes with a full season, they will make the playoffs next year. The playoffs will begin next week. I’m looking forward to them. The first round in the West will be: Chicago/Wild, Ducks/Wings, Vancouver/SJ, LA/St.Louis. In the East: Pittsburgh/Sens, Habs/NYI, Washington/NYR, Boston/Toronto.

On the job front we now got the option of doing our own scheduling from any computer at any time. I tried doing this from my computer on my station Friday but for some reason it wouldn't work. My time schedule has to be in by Tuesday.
Speaking about my job, I've been kind of worried whether or not I'm going to have any work once this current study is done in 3 weeks (which is why I'm reluctant to buy those studio monitors) My boss said that more then likely we'll have something after this but it's going to be a combination of days/evenings. Since we don't do any cold calling, I'm ok with that. Also, it will gice me a chance to sleep in if we do a 5-9 thing. It wont get me much money but there is my CPP, which I haven't applied for yet but that takes 4 months to process.    

I'm generally feeling good about the Oiler's this past season and the way they played. Other then that 9 game road trip in February and losing those 6 games earlier this month, for a shorten season, they did ok. They escaped the cellar for the first time in years and ended on a high note for the fans.I'm looking forward to the 2013-14 NHL season. In the meantime bring on the playoffs, lets go Canucks.

We need another 400 points so each of us can see another free first run movie. Next month Star Trek "Into Darkness"comes out and I'm looking forward to this. I'd like to go to West Edmonton Mall on my own pick up the latest White Dwarf magazine

This week not much is going on other then Lodge night on Thursday. That in itself is going to be an easy night. Then Friday and it's the weekend,again.

No comments:

Post a Comment