Sunday, August 3, 2014

It was on this weekend

27 years ago was "black Friday." It was when Edmonton got hit by a F5 tornado that killed 27 people and injured about 300 people. It was the first F5 tornado in Canadian history. A YouTube search of Edmonton tornado, will provide some video of the event.

The Edmonton downtown arena project is coming along nicely. They are pouring concrete and moving forward n the projects development. There seems to be some activity today. By this time next year the Metro line lrt station wont be visible.

Yesterday we boarded the train to the University and got our bus to Royal pizza. I brought pop with me. Anne brought the little Rush Phillips player she bought me in 2006. I think the pizza outing was a pretext for her to go the store "No Frills" in the same shopping centre complex but while waiting for her and our pizza they had the "big screen" TV on with the Riders/Red blacks CFL game on. In the first quarter the score was something like 17-0 Riders. I had ice cream on my mind after the pizza but the waitress didn't know where a Dairy Queen was. After pizza we worked our way across the parking lot area and to the corner of 104/82nd. The press of people way too many. Then I realized: "Heritage days." Then Anne pointed across across the street on the corner "Dairy Queen." I'm surprised I didn't see it but our bus was coming and I just wanted to get out of this heat and home. At various points of the outing due to the heat our patience with each other was causing some stress between us. Anne had her music player on in the train there and back and I couldn't talk to her during the whole trip "I can hear you", she's raising her voice a couple of decibels louder above the music talking about my personal life, my job by name and my medical issues in around a lot of people. Sure they're not listening but it makes me feel uncomfortable. That was pissing me off. We're ok now but throughout the whole experience yesterday, I realized it was just the heat of the day. Anne blew up at me again before bed but apologized. I don't do Summer heat very well. I prefer winter -18-+18. Anywhere in there is ok by me. At the moment its +25 but feels like +31. That's a bit more bearable. I like Summer and the odd hot day I can tolerate but not for days on end.  

Out of the whole day yesterday I was able to have Anne take a couple of really nice photos of me in my Esks CFL hat, wearing my green and gold. I'm using that for my blog as I'm updating it yet again. Not much going on for today just trying to enjoy the weekend. Anyway, that's all for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment