Tuesday, August 5, 2014

Canada went into

the 1st world war Aug 5th 1914 100 years ago today. My Grandfather on my mother's side fought at Vimy Ridge. Canada lost 66,665 and the last soldier to die was 3 minutes before his unit learned the war was over. Its something we should never forget.

Despite the rough waters Saturday, the rest of the weekend was good. I learned Saturday before we headed out that I got Federal security clearance to work on a Federal sponsored job, when it starts and if they don't mind me working 2 days/week. We had a nice pizza dinner and I got a banner for my blog. On a scale from 1-5 I'd give it 3.5/5.

After a 10 year journey The European Space Agency's Rosetta spacecraft is about to make a scheduled to rendezvous with Comet 67P/Churyumov-Gerasimenko on Wednesday (Aug. 6)  If all goes according to plan, Rosetta will on that day become the first probe ever to orbit a comet — and, in November, the first to drop a lander onto the surface of one of these icy wanderers. I wonder how its supposed to attach itself to the comet?

Today I've got to go into the office before my full time job and sign some forms. Then out to Campus station to get the bus to wem and then to work. Apparently there's a small risk of rain but I hope its not on my commute. The rest of the week looks uneventful. Anyway, that's all for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment