Saturday, August 9, 2014

The new job seems to be

running along ok. Its basic telemarketing but I'm not selling anything. It's easy enough to do and the hours are decent enough.

Sometime this month I'm supposed to know, one way or another, if I'm going to get on this extended medical benefits plan. It's from the Alberta Government and is similar to a company health care plan. It's different then Alberta Health care. It's set up for emergency situations and was strongly recommended in writing by my Doctor. My local PCN feels that there's no reason why I shouldn't be accepted. It even covers my wife as well. My PCN says I should get a card in the mail very soon. Maybe next week sometime. it's mostly to cover my diabetic needs but the plan covers beyond what Alberta Health care would cover. The plan covers my diabetic supplies, vision/optical, and most important right now, dental and dentures. If I get the card this week next time I see my Doctor (Monday) I'm going to ask about my dental and what we can do to get my teeth done. Pending of course when (and if) I get the card in the mail. I might some time off in the hospital until my gums heal but I'd do this about mid September. I'm sure my job will accommodate me. Getting my teeth done has been on my mind for sometime now.

Yesterday I went to Audrey's and picked up my Warhammer 40k book. "There is only war." It's a Warhammer anthology of 42 short stories published last year. I hope it sells well enough to bring out a 2nd volume sometime this year or next. 

Also on my commute I read a bit at Campus waiting for the #4 bus and then I had a bit of a wait at wem. ETS had this grey low floor bus. It's an electrical bus. Not a hybrid and apparently its wifi enabled and looks really cool. I'm going to try and see if the fellow I'm meeting with after coffee can drop me off at wem so I can get a photo and try out the new bus. This bus apparently is the only one of it's kind in all the 900+ buses in ETS's fleet of bus.   

Prior to when my colleague was living at Westmount my drive home colleague and I would take the Yellowhead and run down 50th. I mentioned to her if she would be able to pull into the Wendy's drive through on my way home as it was on the way. Then I realized as we were heading towards the Canadian tire store off 129th to Fort Road, we were not anywhere near Wendy's. I almost said to cancel because my meeting ride this afternoon can always go to "Harvey's" on 170th there. She said it was no problem. So as we went over the Manning overpass it was just off in the right side lane by Pet Smart (Sparky) and a few minutes South on 50th. I got a Double Baconator and biggie fries for my lunch and watched Smackdown. That way Anne didn't have too cook anything.

I'm out here at 8:30am. One of my colleagues from my lodge said he'd be able to pick me up this morning and said he'd be out here at 8:30am. I emailed him and called so he doesn't swing by here thinking he's going to pick me up. I called him before Anne got in and left a message for him not to pick me up as I wouldn't be attending. I feel bad I can't make it but I need the hours as well. I am however going to meet with the fellow running the meeting after. If there's no snags. He's got the address to where I work and he said he could meet with me after 1:30pm for coffee today and to give me the details as to what happened. Also, if that electric bus is there I can get off at 95th ave/156th street and snap a photo of Sandy lane. I've been wanting to do that since last Octobers fire. Anyway, that's about all for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment