Sunday, August 10, 2014

Having a good weekend

so far despite a blood sugar crash episode this morning. At this hour I'm back to normal.

Smokey the bear turned 70 yesterday. The character was created in 1944 because of fears that America’s enemies would set forest fires while most U.S. firefighters were in battle overseas. Along with Smokey the bear was a slogan: "Only You Can Prevent Forest Fires." In the original Smokey bear there was no the in between Smokey bear. In 1952, Steve Nelson and Jack Rollins wrote a song in his honor and added a “the” between “Smokey” and “Bear” to keep the rhythm flowing. They should have a contest to update the song maybe more of a hip hop style. 

Other then lodge communications not much going on today, which means I can work on my "Hey" track. I have a Doctors appointment tomorrow and I want to get my hair cut. Anyway, that's all for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment