Thursday, August 21, 2014

While waiting for my Northgate bus

this stranger asked if that was a Northgate bus that went by. He said he had cataracts and couldn't see very well. We struck up a conversation. I think he said his name was Joseph. I told him about my experience with cataracts and we learned we're the same age. It was a nice conversation to Northgate. He was diabetic as well and we even share the same Doctor. He mentioned how at Nait if I put my name on the waiting list, they'll extract my teeth out and provide me with dentures for free. I remember something about that but these are students but they have Doctors watching over them. The waiting list takes up to about a year.

Intoday's journal they had a "This day in Edmonton" feature for August 20th 1967 and the Summer of love. It was Edmonton's first ever "love in" This was at Coronation park and they had this Vancouver band there, "The family dogs." I was 15 that summer living in Vancouver. I wasn't old enough to be a hippie. The journal article brought back some memories.

I think what I'm going to do with my birthday money is to get that computer case at memory express after work and hang around and see if Theresa can pick me up at 5pm. I was trying to work on that track and my system couldn't keep up before it crashed. Anyway, that's about all for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment