Wednesday, August 27, 2014

Its been a rough couple of days on the job front

lately. Things haven't been going to well with my downtown job and not much better in my West end job. My West end  job could be ending on Friday but my downtown job is holding.

The world seems captivated by this ALS (Amyotrophic lateral sclerosis) Ice Bucket Challenge. Local political figures and people from all walks of life are raising funds for ALS. Is it actually raising awareness of ALS or is it just chance for another photo op opportunity, or just another fad? It's raising a lot of money as well.

I'm back to the upgrading my current case/pc idea again. All I need is just the motherboard, cpu, ram, hard drive and a better power supply. I can get it all done for about $700. I only need 16Gb of Ram maybe even 8Gb. The real feature of the upgrade will be the 4Tb internal hard drive.  

While at work this afternoon I read in the Journal that a Chinese group is going to be building 2 condo towers. One is a 38 story condo, the other (on the same property) is a 26 story one. However the big news yesterday is The Stantec tower. Its going to be across from the new downtown arena and is going to be 62 stories tall! Wow, now that's a sky scrapper. The Stantec building will be 224 metres high, nearly as tall as Calgary's 237-metre Bow Tower. Construction on the Stantec Tower starts this fall with completion by the summer of 2018. Anyway, that's all for now. 

No comments:

Post a Comment