Saturday, August 16, 2014

Friday at work began

slow. I got 1 "sale" just before lunch. It was slow going from after lunch until break but it picked up after break and I ended up with 8 "sales." Sales isn't the right word but its good enough. My personal diary defines what "sales" is

I read in yesterdays Edmonton Journal how Nasa's comet chasing spacecraft "Stardust" had captured dust particles that might have originated outside our solar system. About 30,000 scientists and citizen scientists dubbed "dusters" are examining these fine dust particles since 2009. Findings were published Thursday in the Journal Science. Not to be confused with the Edmonton Journal. 

Overnight our local temperature has been +20 and that's what it is now at 8am but it feels like +24. I don't think I've ever seen an August so warm before and with the mosquito population so heavy. Next week it's going to be more comfortable around +18 or so. 

It was on this day in 1977 that the "Wow" signal was discovered 37 years ago.  

On the way into work this morning, I don't think I'm getting any drive through breakfast. THe ladies are but I just  had a big muffin. Coffee is free at work so I'll get one there. It's a short 4 hours. After work I'll get the #126 bus on 10th Ave/178th street at 1:45pm or so to wem and the express to Corona station and the lrt. I should be home about 3pm. Anyway, that's all for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment