Wednesday, August 13, 2014

This summer has got to be the worst one yet

for mosquitoes. The fan I've got going helps to keep them off me, to a point. They're out in full force this summer.

We lost another Hollywood star today: Lauren Bacall. She worked along side Humphrey Bogart in the 40's. She was 89.

I had a slow start on the job and for some reason I got nothing before lunch. Strange. We had 5 telemarketers when I started but lost 3 for personal reasons. Now there's just the 2 of us and my colleague had the same kind of a day I had. The boss didn't say much. Hopefully today will be better. I usually get about 6-10 leads out the door in a 5 hour shift. Even my colleague said this was the worse day she's had since she started. Could be the heat as well.  

I read this great story in yesterdays journal about the Marx brothers. They played at the Pantages theatre here in Edmonton in 1913 for 46 weeks at .50 cents a person to sold out crowds every night. About 10 years before they hit it big on Broadway and in movies. 

We're still trapped in this heat wave with no sign of it slowing down. Anyway, that's all for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment