Monday, August 25, 2014

The plan for today was to go

downtown for a follow up with my Doctor. Anne says I should be more concerned with seeing my pcn worker about the medical benefit appeal process. The pcn worker is back next week. I think that's a higher priority anyway. I was also going to get my haircut before my Doctor's appointment and get a bite to eat at City Centre mall, and head into work from there. Anne's plan is better. Besides I can sleep in for a bit longer. Other then that, I'm out of here at 4pm today for day 2 of my 2 day part time evening job. This week could be my last day at my day job. I thought I was supposed to get 3 months. Next time I see the boss, I'm going to ask about that. If he sites something else, then if I don't get a member between now and Tuesday, I'm just going to piss around during my last 3 days. If Friday I get the heave ho, then I'm going to make adjustments to my part time job. If not and I get another month, great.

It was announced in the news last night that Burger King is going to buy Tim Horton's. It shouldn't mean store closures or our local Bk across the street will get Tim Horton's menu as part of their drive through. It could be good for Tim's allowing it to expand its brand in the over 32 countries and BK gets a tax shelter. I doubt I'll be able to order a burger and fries at Corona station Tim's. If the merger goes through it'll mean this deal will make it the 3rd fast food chain closing in on Wendy's and McDonald's. 

There was another place I wanted try out but its in the NW end of the city and the commute is as long as my day/evening job. A lot of my old Xentel colleagues are there. Before I get on with that place I want to wait until the Nait (Metro) lrt line comes online at the end of this year. That way all I do is get the bus to Clareview in the morning and then the lrt to Corona and wait for the Northbound Metro to the Royal Alex hospital transit station and the #12 from there. It's a lot easier then that long #12 from downtown. I don't have to stand in the cold for 20 minutes waiting for the bus either. This other job days so I can work my evening job 3 days/week and have the weekends off. That's my "plan b" if my last day at the other place is Friday. if that's the case then I'm just going to work my evening job this winter and have Sunday's off. We'll see as for today, I'm out of here shortly before 4pm for downtown get my book at Audrey's and head into work. Anyway, that's all for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment