Wednesday, August 19, 2015

This is now day 16 of the 78 day

October 2015 Canadian national election race. On Harper's campaign trail he's constantly being berated by the Mike Duffy scandal and the $90K cheque cut to Duffy out from the PMO's. Under oath Harper's chief of staff said Harper had no knowledge of the cheque cut to Mike Duffy. I'm looking forward to when this story peters out and its the NDP's turn, when the media is going to reveal more of the $2 million the NDP has yet to pay back. NDP Target of New Conservative Attack Ad: Pay It Back!On July 28, 2015, the Conservative Party launched this ad targeting the New Democratic Party for using "2.7 million taxpayer dollars." That's more scandal for another time.

When I first saw this at I thought it was a joke. Seriously? After reading more into this it makes more sense. Thor a Canadian company has been given a US patent to build a space elevator with a infallible tower. Cargo would travel up the tower via a elevator and launch from high altitude or low-Earth orbit. It could cut the costs of rocket fuel by 30% or more. The owner Ben Roberts thinks a version that could reach 20 kilometers above sea level, starting from the top of a five-kilometre-high mountain, could be built within 10 years at a cost of about $5 billion US. This concept was initially unveiled in 2009. Most likely it wont be built and in use in my life time.

Today I've got a appointment downtown in the Backer centre in the old Xentel location. Its called Links career information resource centre. They help people with disabilities find work. I've got a 1pm appointment. I've got to be there a bit early probably to fill out forms. I'm hoping this is something I can use to gain meaningful employment in tandem with my other job. I've got enough ei to last me until the end of September. I'm also looking to see if I can remain on ei while attending to expand my ei. If nothing transpires out of this and this appointment is a dead end waste of time then I've got a few other options. It's my 63rd birthday on Friday and I've got the Esks/Hamilton game to look forward to. Also I received the other day a nice birthday card from my wife's sister Donna including a Tim's card and a little something extra. Also I have Summer slam on Sunday so this is turning out to be a good week. Anyway, that's all for now. 

No comments:

Post a Comment