Friday, August 7, 2015

Our 78 day Federal election

is heating up. Harper has been playing stupid over this Netflix tax thing. Its been making the media rounds all over the place and is sort of a running joke. You can read about it here.

Lon Milo DuQuette will be on Coast 2 Coast later this morning. While I have a luke warm interest in ceremonial magick and the occult these days, I still consider myself sympathetic to Thelema but in no way active. This "interest" is kept at arms length as a casual observer, mostly brought about through nostalgia. It's always interesting listening to Lon discuss Ceremonial magick, Crowley and the Tarot.

It's been somewhat of a annual tradition. Every Spring Canadian science fiction author Robert J. Sawyer would release a new novel and take it on tour across Canada and arrive every April to Audrey's books to do a reading from his recent novel. He is the only author I'd ever buy a hard cover book from. His last visit was April 2nd 2013 at Audrey's. I always get a autograph copy. His last novel was Red Planet Blues. That was 2 years ago. He announced recently on his blog that his upcoming 23rd novel will be Quantum night. Of course, I'll order a copy and I hope to get it autographed again.

Yesterday morning I called the x-ray to cancel. I called my pcn to confirm my next appointment on the 13th at 10:15am. I'll be calling ei after I wake up to find out when I can report again. I'm joining Anne on her 3pm commute riding partway in with her parting ways at Bay Station. I'll be heading into the office to pick up my whopping 4.5 hour cheque and to get an update (if any) for work for next week. If all I get is a non committal response, then I'll be looking for something part time. I need something steady. I'll be doing the job search thing at the employment agency Monday if there's nothing forth coming. After I pick up my cheque today, I'm off to get a bite to eat at the food court. Anyway, that's all for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment