Saturday, August 15, 2015

Three days ago I was bathed in the

cool air of a fan in my office here at home. We're sitting at +15 when the other day this time of day we were at +21. The cooler air is most welcome here in the city and at the moment we're getting some much needed rain. I hope it rains all day.

I haven't heard from my employer all week, which leads me suggest there's been no work for anyone or the office is shut down for August. So, I decided why not go there and see whats going on. I took the bus/train bus uptown to 124th and 107th street and into the office. I made pretty good timing only to find 2 of my colleagues there. One was doing coding and the other working on a focus group. There hasn't been a schedule posted all week. The boss and super were out having lunch. I couldn't even fill out a calendar as they never had any printed. I hung about for 15 minutes. They said they'd let them know I was here. Its the usual story line: steady shifts return next month. Unless they call me before hand I'll just wait until after the labour day weekend and call. That is if I find something else by then. My wife is right I need a 2nd part time job that is steady that has no lay offs until I get pension. I'm going to try something in the security guard area. The hardest thing about that line of work is just trying to stay awake. I've done security guard work before I got married. I wouldn't mind doing that on weekends and the market research job 2 days a  week until pension. 

Some major breaking City news. The 3km Metro lrt line apparently will be online Sunday September 6th ready for the school year. The City is using what's called a line of sight approach to signaling with slightly reduced frequency times. In other words after 15 months, this long awaited and delayed system will finally be operational. As a side note, The 27km Valley line from Mill Woods to downtown (phase 1) is in its early stages of preparation, getting 29 buildings along the 1st phase of its route ready for demolition. By this time next year the Valley line should be in the early phases of construction mode.  

I'm up around noon today and at 1-3 I'll watch Smackdown and then I've got a couple of cfl football games to watch. I got BC/Hamilton and Ottawa/Calgary. Other then that, not much going on this weekend.Anyway, that's all for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment