Tuesday, August 25, 2015

With the markets

reacting the way they were yesterday sent the price of oil to $38 a barrel. As I understand it with my limited knowledge on the topic this all has to do with the slowing down of the economy in China and the low demand for oil world wide. Even our dollar slipped to a 10 year low to .75 US. The lowest the price of oil bottomed out at was 2009 when it was $35, then oil bounced back up from there. I just hope we don't have another meltdown like 2008. 

The economy took centre stage on the election race today. Some people are saying better a devil we know then one we don't. The NDP were saying that if elected they'd increase the gis. That's not the issue. The issue with that is more Canadians need to be able to access the gis then increasing the amount they receive. In other words the qualifying threshold needs to change.

Hard to believe that lodge resume next Thursday. I've got just a few more months to go with this ipm chair. I think what I would like to do is take over the registrar's chair instead of the JW. Too much work to do in that chair. Anyway, that's all for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment