Monday, August 24, 2015

You know summer is over here in this city

when the last of the festivals is over. In this case when The Fringe is over, summer is over. Our problem is we have May and June are still 2 good months of summer but the city of Edmonton likes to cram everything into July and August. Even if the city just went with June, July and August would work. There are just way too many festivals and always a chance on missing some. I always miss "Taste of Edmonton." For the most part for me at least the summer is over at the end of August. With this summer I don't mind what with all the hot weather forest fires and lack of rain its been a really dry summer.

I was watching the National news Sunday night and they were talking about the Tens of thousands of migrants escaping Iraq and Syria. The people are fleeing the trouble and civil war plaguing that part of Middle East heading for Europe. They were saying on the news that there hasn't been this much refuge exodus since the 2nd world war.

Last nights Summer slam was really good. Anne is watching the encore version now. On a scale of 1-10 I'd rate it a 9. We're not sure if we are going to keep subscribing to the wwe network. We're mostly interested in their pay per views like "Money in the bank," "Summer slam" and "Wrestlemania" anyway. We tried it out and kicked the tires but we're not sure if we're going to keep ths subscription especially now since I don't have steady work. Besides I can always watch the smaller pay per views like "Pay back" "Night of Champions," those kinds of things up at the bar where there's a real crowd that gets right into it.

Speaking of my new eating out place isn't Wendy's anymore it's Red Robbin. Mainly because they are across the street and I don't have to go there for just food. They've got a great burger selection and their fries are the best here in Edmonton and I can go there for a beer if I want and just have a order of fries. Plus I signed up for their eclub and I get a free burger on my birthday, which is pretty cool. Anyway, that's all for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment