Saturday, August 22, 2015

I always seem to be blogging yesterdays

events but its all good. 

In just 365 days I'll be 64. OMG, I can't believe it. Who would have thought back in 1969 I'd get this far? 

All last week I was looking forward to last nights big game between Hamilton/Edmonton. Two teams 5-2, East vs West. I didn't have a Proline ticket but I would have picked a tie game. What was I thinking? The T-cats kicked our ass 49-20. Two many turnovers and points based upon them and ball security did us in. All I can hope for is for the Riders to beat the Stamps at Mosaic. That way it still keeps the Esks tied for first in the West if the Riders win today.

I'm progressing further into "The Descent of Angels" the Horus Heresy book I skipped over due to spoilers a few years ago. It kind of reads young adult but I'm still enjoying it. I'll be reading more before the game today. Note to self: Don't read reviews of a book before reading it as the reviews may contain spoilers. Other then Robert J Sawyer or if there's something that strikes my attention, Horus Heresy,  Space Marine Battles and Warhammer 40K Omnibus books are about the only books I'm buying lately. The Black Library publishes about 3-4 Horus Heresy mass market paperbacks a year and about the same for Space Marine Battles. I buy 1 hard cover book a year and that's only Robert J Sawyer's book and the matching RJS ebook. The Space Marine Battles books are trade and cost $18 a book. I pop into Audrey's or Coles at least once a month. I'm waiting for the next Horus Heresy book "Legacy's of Betrayal," it should be out next month in mass market paperback.   

The Edmonton Comic and Entertainment Expo (Sept. 25-27, 2015) Special guest will be Stan Lee. At 92 this might be the one and only time he'll ever come to Edmonton. A Saturday pass is $30, which isn't that bad. I'd book off work to see Stan Lee. There's a lot comic book artists as well. More guests will be announced in the next few weeks leading up to the event.

Not much going on for today. I'm hoping sometime after labour day weekend I'll be back to work. Anyway, that's all for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment