Sunday, February 28, 2016

Three days late better then

never on this one but early Friday morning ex Premier of Alberta Don Ghetty passed away. he was Premier from1985-1992. Ghetty was a Edmonton Eskimo and won a grey cup. His legacy was Family day and since then every Province in the country adapted this special holiday. He died at the age of 82 of heart failure.

There were just 2 of us working on the cell phone Northlands project yesterday. 95% of those calls were answering machines, busy, nis, no answers etc. Conditions were changing through out the day. At the end of the day we got new conditions updates and I misread them and screwed up that portion of project. With 3 days to go and a limited sample rate, there is no way we were going to get those last 11 completes anyway. With my mistake we ruined the chances of trying to get some of them but something from nothing is still nothing. If most of that sample were missed calls yesterday, we're going to get more of the same today anyway. Its fatiguing work coding answering machines, no answers etc. At least with fresh numbers to call my complete rate goes up and talking to the respondent makes the day go by faster. The only thing keeping my job I think is according to super, I'm a good interviewer. At least that's some positive reinforcement. I asked how do we resolve this? He didn't have a solution for me as there were other things he was juggling. Later I'm going to suggest to super next time new condition updates are given on the same sheet of paper, super should use a highlight (at least for me) marker on that whole condition update. That way, I'll enter the complete condition. Of course I didn't come to this realization at the time. I felt like shit with the last half hour left and I requested to leave early as my head was just not into doing the other project. My error took a lot of the wind out of my sails and sank my moral. I'm ok for today though. I'm sure I'm going to get shit for this one. I like doing market research and I'm good at but I make mistakes. With the cell phone sample rate we have left I doubt we'll get 11 completes out of that bunch regardless. 

Its hard to tell from today's Rogers Place arena webcam Rink view but the seats are being installed along the right west side of lower bowl. There's still work to do near the "end zone" area. The concrete seat supports have yet to be installed. Anyway, that's all today.

No comments:

Post a Comment