Wednesday, February 10, 2016

We are on the bit of

a "cold trend" so to speak at 0 degrees. For this time of year, nobody is complaining. During a normal February we'd have at least 18 inches of snow on the ground, and it'd be about -15 about now and a -20 wind chill.

                        View image on Twitter

Rant time: I share my commute with people I see all the time. I don't make friends with anyone on my evening commute, especially at night. Most people after 9pm just want to get home, without incident. I'm much the same way. Occasionally if I had a good shift and I'm in a good mood I'll smile and nod to somebody sharing my booth on the train. I see this one guy, middle eastern looking all the time and he gets off at the same stop as me every night. One night at Clareview station, I smile and nod and I thought that was the end of it. Only recently as of this autumn I've been taking the 3pm bus out here to Clareview station. The same guy shows up. He lives somewhere in our building complex, apparently. While waiting for the bus I begin to engage in conversation. He works as a custodian at WCB downtown, married etc. How does he like the weather here etc. He never asks me anything. So, I thought that was the end of it. When he shows up out here he makes eye contact with me, and now I feel obligated to say something to the guy. Like now he's my shadow. Gees mister, I'm not trying to make friends here. Not just that but he follows me around now. Yesterday while I'm getting off the bus at Clareview to catch the elevator to the upper concourse to catch the train he's in the elevator. There are usually 2 trains at Clareview station and its hard to tell, which one pulled in last. I'm deciding which one to take, and I see out of the corner of my eye, he's doing the same thing. So I make a decision and he follows me. I get up and leave one train for the other on track 2. He follows me. He doesn't sit with me but he's up ahead of me by a few booths. The train I was on pulled out and left us waiting there for 10 minutes. I was ok with that because I can catch the #3 or #5 from Central. I realized this morning that the call boards should have shown which train to catch. It wold have said, "just arrived" while the other one should have read Century park, 2 minutes or something like that. The other thing to shake this guy off my back is to leave a few minutes earlier, but I shouldn't have to do that. Its not like he seems to be a bad guy or anything but now I have a unwanted guest. Unless there's a way I can shake him off by making him feel uncomfortable to be around me. I've got a few ideas.   

What I liked about Xentel was I'd go in and I didn't need to sign in and or sign out. I didn't need to fill out a time sheet. We have 2 supervisors and one is 4 days the other 2 days. The 4 day super always announces what time to pack up and through your time sheet in. Its all done on computer screen by project number, hours etc. I almost forgot to fill out my time sheet last night because the 2 day super doesn't announce when to do that. My #5 bus was heading towards the 124th/107th street intersection. The light was green, traffic both ways light so I looked both ways and crossed before the cross walk. As soon as I got to my stop, the lights went amber and then red. If I miss that one, I'd be home at 11pm. Anyway, that's all for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment