Monday, February 29, 2016

The weather going into work Sunday morning was

cold but Sunny. Typical for Spring like conditions. I had a feeling this wouldn't last all day, something was up. 

I went in feeling good and presented "my solution" to super. He seemed to be in agreement with that. There was some good energy in the room. I still did the Northlands project and still did the cell phone sample, getting the usual answering machines, wrong numbers, kids cell phone, "I don't live in Edmonton," dial tones etc. 8 hours of that and I got only 1 complete. The boss was happy with me and I kept the same condition all shift. I'm still not out of the woods yet (I think) because I still have tonight to go through. At break I went to the store and and got super a Coke and I got a diet one. The weather from the morning soured. It was angry kind of overcast mid afternoon with stinging winds. We had about 5 of us in the office working the phones. Super was cracking jokes made a cartoon that resembled me of someone spending 8 hours looked like after the above conditions on the phone. After leaving just me and a colleague in the bus shelter waiting for our #5. I got home about 6:45pm. Anne had a few things to take care of and she made our Sunday brunch as I was watching the finale installment of the NY Islanders/Oilers game at Rexall Place.

                 View image on Twitter 

On her rounds this morning Anne came across this desk that was discarded. People moving out left it behind. She hauled it over by herself. "I said in this weather?" I still need to make some adjustments. The old monitor is going today as Anne is getting me a new one from across the street. 

I'm in for my 4-9:30pm shift. Hopefully its a clean shift with no complications. The weather is improving and its the NHL trade deadline day. So far as of this hour, the Oilers haven't made any significant moves. So far. Anyway, that's all for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment