Wednesday, February 3, 2016

Welcome back

Connor McDavid. The kid got a goal and 2 assists, his first night back. His goal stripped the puck and split the D. There's quite a buzz around town about the 1-5 Oiler win last night. To be fair, the Oilers were on home ice and playing the worst team next to ours and returning after a long All Star break. Still it was nice to see game highlights last night. The Oilers are about to go on a 4 game road trip beginning in Ottawa. Lets see how McD does with the boys on the road.

Speaking about oil but in a different vein, oil priced out at just under $30 yesterday. Industry experts are saying oil prices have yet to bottom out, and nobody knows where the bottom is. I'm no expert but I've lived around enough to see the cycles over the years. I think we're going to see oil priced around $30 for the rest of the year. This doesn't affect me to much at the moment because my colleagues were suggesting the worse off the economy the more work we usually get. I'd rather be going to work then looking for work. As for oil prices reaching the bottom? I got a gut feeling that oil could bottom out at about $21. Oil prices wont reach rock bottom but I feel they could bottom out at about $21. It could be 3-5 years before we ever see $70 oil again but you never know.

We're in a bit of a cold snap (-2/-8 wind chill) and that's not too bad. Locally, we're climbing back up to about +2- +4, later this week, which is always a good sign for this time of year. February has a lot going on especially this February because its a leap year. 29 days instead of 28 days.  Yesterday was Ground Hog day and the ground Hog did not see his shadow and as the story goes, that means Spring is just a few weeks around the corner, March 21st or there abouts anyway. Also, Valentines day is on the Family day long weekend, 14th - 15th. I'm out of here at 3pm today and home about 10:30pm tonight. I got to make some adjustments on my calendar availability, when I get into the office. Anyway, that's all for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment