Thursday, February 25, 2016

For some reason I needed to find out what kind of video

camera the downtown Library Makerspace uses. I was "shopping around" for a Go pro video camera. Searching on the web, I came across a bit of a list of equipment, and software the studio uses. They have Wondershare and Blender? Nice. These are popular computer video editing and screen capture software tools. It means I can make a beat on a sequencer like FL. Studio and screen capture (with audio) and upload it to You Tube. I'm going to try and book some studio time over the next few days.

Connect 2 Edmonton is a forum I visit everyday. Its all things Edmonton. A popular thread is Station Pointe. Station Pointe is a designated lot located just South of the Belvedere lrt station or more appropriately 129th Ave 66 street and Fort Road. Its been a bit of a running joke as its been more or less a empty lot. The developer seems to like hole in the grounds as in Corners 1. The City built this long decorative retaining wall along the lrt tracks about 2011. That's about the last time anyone has seen or heard of Station Pointe (other then on the c2e forum) until I noticed a couple of backhoes on the site the other day on my commute into work.

                              View image on Twitter

The idea behind this concept was supposed to be a geothermal, totally green shovel ready project. Yet the developer has been dragging its feet for a long time on this something to do with a Government grant. Station Pointe was initially part of a Fort Road revitalization plan, which was original conceived in September of 1980. I'm not sure what the current status of this plan now. Is it ongoing or in hiatus or what? Station Pointe was to be the anchor of the Fort Road revitalization plan. Not that I could see anything from my vantage point on the train as in the above image but there has also been some hoarding done on Fort road, and maybe along 129th as well. I hope those backhoes I saw on site are the harbinger of things to come for this project

I have a day off but I'm going steady as of tomorrow. I've got Friday, Saturday, Sunday, Monday at my market research job. Tuesday, Wednesday I'm at my other job and Thursday I'm at lodge. Friday at the other job and Saturday and Sunday I'm at my market research job. The above will be going on like this until mid May, yeesh. As for tonight, I'm home watching the Oilers/kings game. We'll see how far I get with that but that's another story. Anyway, that's all for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment