Saturday, February 27, 2016

Northlands Vision 2020

is an interesting concept as they are repurposing 3 of its major spaces. The first one is renovating Rexall place. They want to include 7 sheets of ice on 2 levels for amateur sports like volley ball indoor soccer etc. Most likely they will remove some concourse and take out some seats to accomplish this. The other proposal is to add a urban festival park. Apparently Northlands is taking out the race track  that's been there for decades and wants to install a urban park where they can have midways, rodeo, summer concerts etc. The 3rd concept is refurbishment of Hall D. They want to include a 5,000 seat arena and ice surface/concert space. These projects are all fine and well, but Northlands is a non profit organization. When opening up the study for comments, the most common response I get is, who is going to pay for this? If its private industry, ok. Taxpayers, no. A lot of people are still put off by the new Rogers Place arena.

                      View image on Twitter

I wanted to purchase a music app from the app store I noticed I had a $6 credit. Ok. So I tried purchasing an app from iTune. Then a window pops up saying I need to answer a few security questions. What? I've never had to answer any security questions before. So I cancelled that idea. After work last night I went to Shoppers across the street and bought a $15 iTunes card. I was more concerned about the numbers of the card being half torn off. When I got home the I pealed off the tape and the numbers on the back of the card were preserved. No problems. The apps store wanted to access my iPod's camera. I like this feature as it scans my iTunes card. Instant balance. Very happy. However when i went to order the app, I got the security questions again. I went to the manage security questions again and I keep getting trapped in a revolving door. I need to answer my security questions to edit the security questions. When you don't know the security questions your trapped. After so many times Apple locks you out. 

After dinner, I stayed up to try and find a solution. I gave up resigning to call the Apple store Monday. If I can't get anywhere with Apple on this, then I might have to jailbreak my iPod. I don't want to do this but Apple might be forcing me if they can't fix my problem.

I'm out of here in about 2 hours for a 8 hour shift. Its mostly dialing on answering machines etc. Most likely I'll be doing  cell phones again, uggh. At least the boss is ok with me working the other job. Its not related to what I'm doing here at all. There's no conflict of interest but at the same time there doesn't look like there is anything else on the immediate horizon, which kind of sucks. Anyway, that's about all for now. 

No comments:

Post a Comment