Tuesday, March 1, 2016

This is not the finished product

or the finale result. I've got some cable management tweaks to make, when I have more time of course. I'm going to make some adjustments to the positioning of the new monitor. I want to tuck the tower in the corner by the wall to the left of the image below. That means the hutch will slide over to the right. Maschine will be where the tower is in the image below. The new monitor is 23.5 inches. I noticed that it can fit in the hutch area but at the same time, I don't want to block the monitors speakers. At my lodge we have a guy that is a carpenter and I'm wondering if he can make me a custom made stand of wood, so I can fit the stand between the speakers. Even if the display doesn't fit straight, I can tilt it in which would be okay anyway.
 
                             View image on Twitter  

I read the Best buy reviews on this Acer monitor and the reviews are what they say they are. The monitor stand is wobbly. I had some initial problem getting the computer keyboard to work properly. I shut the monitor off then back on and it worked, no problem. 

I almost had a clean shift on the job last night until I got a disgruntled respondent within the last 40 minutes of the shift questioning the survey. He thought it was a biased piece of crap and wouldn't continue with the demographics. He was livid that the client was spending tax payer dollars on a survey. I coded it out as a partial incomplete refusal. I brought this to the attention of super. He couldn't find it anywhere in the system. Then he went to my station and noticed the first 3 characters of my condition were missing. Yet the system was still sending me calls. So we edited the condition and went from there. This didn't exactly make my night. Super even had to come over to me saying he called for time-sheet five minutes earlier. Ok. All of the above left me a bit bewildered and demoralized. I'm almost ready to quit. Super was engaged in conversation with another colleague. I just walked out. Next time I'm going in will be to pick up my cheque on Friday. Anne wants to come in with me so when I get my cheque she'll be meeting me outside. Like a relay race, I'll be handing it to her while I head North to the bus stop across the street. Unless I have another job by then, mercifully. I have a job lead and if my colleague from the job I'm starting today is there and is still working at his 2nd job, I'll give him a hard copy of my resume to take to his new job. If I get a call in the next few days for a interview, and I get hired, that'd make my day to go in for Saturday as my last day there for awhile and start the new job (hopefully) next Thursday, Friday, Saturday. Something like that. My colleague's other job is steady. I'm hoping he's there when I go in this afternoon. Hopefully even still there are no complications when I go into work. Management is jumping ship left right and centre at this job I'm starting tonight. I sent a conformation email to my contact to take the appointment when I got the letter dated before February 14th. I never received any follow up conformation. I even left my contact a voice mail and tried numerous times to reach somebody before the 15th. So, lets see what happens when I go in for this afternoon.

This morning about 7am I woke up to pee and my blood sugar was really low. I went to look for something in the fridge. I found the peanut butter chocolate chunks of ice cream, and a poured myself a glass of diet cola. After about 4 table spoons of ice cream, I felt better. I went back to bed and slept until just after 10 and I fed the cats, then back to bed. I woke up shortly around noon. I feel ok now except for a bit of anxiety heading into the other job this afternoon. I've got a 15 minute window because the job doesn't begin until 4:15pm. Since we're beginning the new campaign, there could be a bit of a orientation. Anyway that's all for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment