Sunday, March 6, 2016

Up and at

er for another day. I'd rather be sleeping in this Sunday morning with my lovely wife but I also need the hours. So I don't mind going in. Its going to be a long afternoon.

The Rogers place arena is about to open in 6 months. It just seems there is a lot of work left to do. At the moment they are adding the seats to the stands. Seating capacity is supposed to be something like 20,000. The cost is about $650M. The image below is from the Live rink cam taken about 7:30 this morning. 

 

There's very little parking around the area as most hockey fans will take the LRT from Bay Station or Nait line just behind the building or via the Winter garden plaza, which will open in about a year after the arena has been active. The Oilers are in Winnipeg at 5pm this afternoon, so I'll be getting an update on the scores before I leave.

I'll be waiting for my #5 bus at 6pm to Corona station. I've got about 2-3 minute wait for my train where I can get a game update. The 2nd period will be well underway. I'll most likely see maybe the last 10 minutes of the game, if I'm lucky. Anyway, that's all for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment