Sunday, March 20, 2016

I woke up about half an hour ago with tingling feet and I

knew I needed to check my blood sugar. My number was 5. I usually like it to be about 7-8 in the morning. For most people blood sugar levels are held steady at 5.5. So I got up to fix a coffee. I had about 5 hours sleep overnight, and I listened to a bit of Coast 2 Coast before passing out.

Electronic cigarettes have been out for awhile now. I'm a non smoker. At the last market research job I was at, one of my co workers was a vapor (someone that uses e-cigarettes) On local CTV news yesterday, they followed up on a story I thought was just an urban legend: exploding e-cigs. Lithium ion batteries are at the centre of the issue. These things show no signs they are about to explode and explosions can happen when users try to “hack” their own vapourizer using mismatched components, or moding. I copied and pasted this excerpt from a CTV Health section. In January, Lethbridge, Alberta a teen made headlines when his family shared images of the second-degree burns he suffered from an e-cigarette explosion. He was left with a burned tongue, throat, and mouth. If he hadn’t been wearing glasses, he might have suffered eye damage as well. It seems there are no product standards for this industry and that might be the root of the problem.      

This could be my last Sunday shift for this project as next Sunday is Easter Sunday. I hope we have a long weekend. I could use one. I'm 10-6pm today and out the door by 9am. Then home for the night. There's an Oiler game on TV at 7:30pm. I'll be just getting in the door. The Av's are in town, then the Oilers are on the road for 3 games then home next Monday. Then they have 4 days off and play Calgary. Their last game at Rexall place April 6th as they entertain the Vancouver Canucks. Anyway, that's all for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment