Thursday, March 10, 2016

Sitting here in front of my new

monitor just beginning my first coffee of the day. At the moment, its sunny with a few clouds at +5 degrees.

A national carbon tax is making news but do we really need one? Canada is carbon neutral. All CO2 emitted by industry and consumers is absorbed back into the Canadian land mass. (Soil, trees, water.) PLUS an additional 36% or something. Canada is doing it's part and more just by having a massive untouched land mass. Russia is also up there.
Carbon tax = a new form of taxation for governments. It's a complete farce and only about money. Our Premier is bringing it in on the grounds that it will make our oil look more favourable for out of province pipelines. How's Keystone XL? Northern Gateway? Energy East? Canada's land mass absorbs most of our co2 emissions anyway. This is little more then another Liberal Boondoggle. 

 

In other words its another tax grab that could bring billions into Government coffers. After all they have to pay for that middle class income tax break the rest of us working poor don't get. I don't mind if its a tax like the GST, which is revenue neutral and we get some return on that tax back. 


I'm out here at my usual 3pm time in for my 4:15pm job After the 15th of this month, I wouldn't mind a break from the other place for a week or 2. I still think I have enough ei hours "in the bank" for another claim. One thing is for certain: Sunday April 3rd is Wrestlemania and both of us are taking that day off. I hope to have my Ntendo 3ds by then. Anyway, that's all for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment