Wednesday, March 30, 2016

One of my colleagues at my second job who initially

hired me on at Xentel back in 2000 worked works at my 2nd job. Dave's been there for a few years now and recently moved house. I over heard him talking to Joyce one of the senior employees if he could get a ride after work to Clareview station. I caught up with her and said, I'm going out that way to, could I tag along? She kind of befriended me earlier  and cheerfully said ok. She doesn't live to far away over in Kirkness, slightly North of us. She dropped me off just outside of my place, which was nice. It saved me 40 minutes of commute time home. 

Our PM was in Edmonton yesterday applying damage control over the ei extension controversy. Because our unemployment rate is .2% greater then Calgary, we don't qualify for the ei extension rate. Its extra weeks onto a claim. Yet, more people are coming here looking for jobs. Even during the good times Edmonton over Calgary was the destination place for migrants workers. Now because of .2% we're getting the shaft. Those minimum 5 weeks could make or break the difference on a near future ei claim for me. JT said they are closely monitoring the situation, yeah right. Edmonton during Trudeau's administration gets shafted, again. First it was infrastructure spending and now this. 

Tonight its 4:15pm-8:30pm and home by 8:50pm. That's if Joyce can still drive me home. I'm going to suggest that if she pulls into the East entrance of Wyndham crossing, she can stay left and follow out of there into my buildings parking lot and out onto 137th from there. Its only for 3 days/week, Monday, Tuesday, Friday. This way working at my 2nd job Friday, I get home a bit early. If at my first job I'd get home at about 10:30pm on a Friday night, when I have a early shift Saturday, I get like 5 hours sleep. Makes more sense to begin that next Friday. Anyway, that's all for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment