Sunday, May 15, 2016

Friday night Saturday morning I had about 3 hours of sleep

which is typical when I have to work Saturday. I felt good going into work and all, and I was on time. I thought because the North side of 109th was closed my #5 would have had to be re-routed because the Mayfair 2 construction crane is coming down this weekend. When the bus approached 109th there were red barricades up on the street but my way Westward along Jasper Ave was free. Typical milk run Saturday. I'm surprised I wasn't late. I would have got written up if that was the case.

I had a killer day on the project as well. For a 10 minute survey I had 4 by my noon break. For a 7.5 hour shift they were calling for a flow rate of 12 completes. I had 6 by my 2pm lunch break. I had 12 completes by 4pm. Some people leave early. By about 4:45pm I felt a bit of fatigue coming in but I powered through. I ended up with 15 completes by the end of the day when I left out of there at 6pm. It's all in the opening before the script and I just reworded the opening to flow a bit better but after the opening, I just stick to the script. At the end I say, would that be ok? Work ethic wise I "blew everyone else out of the water." Unless we're on the tail end of a project my flow rate is always quite high. I checked the schedule for next week on my way out. Because I'm using the last 4 days at the other job up the street, and this current project might be ending by Thursday, I'm not on the schedule. Also, because of the Victoria day long weekend coming up next weekend, both places are shut down Friday, Saturday, Sunday, Monday. This job is shut down because of the Victoria day long weekend, the other job is shut down because the calling portion of the job is winding down. So this means not only will I have enough hours to cover my bottom line for the end of this month from both jobs but I have a 4 day long weekend as well! 

I felt good about all of that leaving out of the office for my bus. It was a beautiful day and the outside air somewhat invigorating. I wasn't tired waiting for my bus and heading home first to Corona and then to Clareview and home. After that I went to Shoppers and got a $15 iTunes gift card and home inside my apartment by 7:10pm. Once inside and after I got comfortable, I activated the gift card using my iPod Touch camera and bought Funkbox. After a bit of Youtube wake up later, I re discovered another drum machine diode something. I bought that and Boom 808! I have a few dollars on my remaining credit so I might buy a Maschine or Diode expansion packs. I had a nap on the couch and worked out my night until Anne came home. Anyway that's all for now. 

No comments:

Post a Comment