Saturday, May 14, 2016

Life is moving along here one day at a time

with work and all that other stuff. I'm waking up with my first coffee this morning trying to get my brain in gear. I like this time of morning as I have a few hours to myself before I get on with the day, and its going to be a long one.

I've been using my little pc stick for the past couple of weeks now. Its pretty good, I like it and I'm enjoying Windows 10. I like how I can mark up any web page like google maps and 1 button gets to my email. I don't like the 32 Gb hard drive space but I knew that when we bought this device. I've seen 64 Gb micro sd cards locally here on sale for about $20. I also don't like the 1 usb port and I wish that this device had a audio jack. My sound card works if its plugged directly into usb port of my pc stick but won't work over a usb hub and the audio isn't that good when my soundcard is plugged into the stick. My usb mouse works ok over the usb hub but I'm constantly swapping the mouse between the pc stick and my desktop. My current keyboard is a ps2 serial port keyboard. I've seen ps2/usb keyboard dongles but I'm not sure if this will work through my usb hub, like my soundcard. I've been using the pc stick's on screen keyboard, and it has its limitations obviously. However my pc stick comes with bluetooth 4. The only compatible bluetooth devices we have is our 2 Apple products. This means if I want to use bluetooth, I'm going to have to get a bluetooth mouse, keyboard, headphones and a speaker etc, which increases the $130 investment. What I'd like to do is to have a way where I can boot 2 different operating systems on the same monitor like tab browsing. KVM switches are good solutions that have been out for awhile now but my Lenova plugs into a hdmi slot into my monitor. I've seen hdmi vga ports before. There's no vga port on my pc stick. Lots of stuff to consider here moving forward.

I'm out of here at 9am for my commute. By 5pm with a hour to go, I'm pretty wiped out. I like to have my 3rd Saturday break about 4:45pm, just to go out for a breath of fresh air. Anyway, that's all for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment