Wednesday, May 4, 2016

Since yesterday at about 3pm there is a

huge out of control fire in Fort McMurray that consumed whole neighborhoods. People were evacuating all afternoon by the tens of thousands. Many people lost their homes, businesses jobs as well as pets caught in the inferno while at work. The unforgiving blaze wiped everything in its path. Many 8-10 story office buildings as the downtown cor was untouched. There were some very mature communities, wiped out. Hospital patients were sent to here Edmonton. With all the dry conditions and temperatures in the 30's, July in May. Crazy Fortunately there was no loss of life. The fire even preempted the US primaries, national and other news. Over 1500 structures were raised due to the fire. This was the largest evacuation in Alberta's history

I've been harping about the Lenova pc stick 300 a lot to Anne over the weekend. I said I had $60 for it. She resisted, complained etc. For $130, Windows 10, 2 Ram, it does everything I need it to do better then my big tower for $130. I was surprised when I came home Monday night and there it was on my desk. After wrestling it took me awhile to set it  up but once it was, It works great. I have just 2 concerns about this: First I can't use my keyboard. I need a ps/2 usb adapter. I called around town and nobody has them. I saw one at Memory Express for about $10 and they have them for about $10. I'll get one next Sunday on the 15th. The other problem with the Lenova is there is no audio jack. My fast  track sound card works ok if I plug it in directly into the stick but not in the usb hub I've had for a few years now. 

I've been playing telephone tag with a job lead since Monday. I left a message thinking that its ok to call me back if its about a job. I forgot the umber to call last night so I'll call when I get into the office at my other job latter today. This prospect jobs hours start at 4pm and I'm on my commute without a cell phone. I checked it against my contact I have on file and its a different phone number. Monday I received the call at about 2pm. I was initially called on Sunday for a donation, which I had to turn down. I need a donation. Which leaves me to wonder, if this was for a job because it was a mid afternoon call? Most likely if I call this number later this afternoon it will ring busy. I took down my contacts Phone # and I can do a follow up anyway, just to see what happens.

And finally, after a couple of weeks of playing telephone tag with my pcn I was able to get the appointment clerk to call me. I'm seeing my pharmacist next Wednesday morning at 11am. As for today, I'm out of here at 3pm for my shift, lodge tomorrow, work at the other place Friday and Saturday. Anyway, that's all for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment