Friday, May 20, 2016

The only serious casualty this week was I was unable able to attend

my lodge's emergent meeting last night. We had a couple Entered Apprentice's prove up to FC, nice guys. Hopefully at a emergent meeting in September I'll be a part of their MM degree and or prove up or both. It would have been great to be there but we were given short notice last night we'd have a early shift. Because we were let out at 7:30pm last night I probably could have made it in time for the second half of the degree. Now that I think about it, I could have been there for the 2nd half but not in suit after all. One of the ladies with years of seniority lives in Beverly. Her daughter picks her up every night and drives a bunch of the other ladies home after work. I probably could have fit in the van somewhere off to lodge and at least be there for some of it. I had a bit of a toothache for the last 2 days and that was taking its toll on me. 

Now that Star Wars "The Force awakens" is in video on demand, Anne and I are going to be ordering this for tonight on vod. Star Trek and Star Wars are my 2 favorite movie franchise's followed by James Bond and most anything out of Marvel studio's. Most likely once Star Trek has launched its streaming service, Disney might adapt this model for Star Wars. I could see a streaming treatment for Marvel studio's, James Bond etc. If Star Trek streaming is successful maybe this would be something Disney might do as well for Star Wars. This weekend looks good, 4 days off Star Wars, Extreme Rules, a outing and maybe even a Wendy's meal in there somewhere as well!

Since I began our Spring campaign at this job, I have had 1 day where I handed in a empty tally sheet. A tally sheet is how many "completes" we acquired in a 4 hour shift. I had only one empty tally sheet during our campaign. I was worried last night until in the 2nd half I'd leave home with a empty tally sheet. I got one warm "complete," last night "that saved" me. Just before the start of the shift I called my other job. Next week we're doing some clean up on the project we began last Friday. I hope to be in on that one, but I'll  know Tuesday. We got a badly needed rain storm about 7pm. I could breath easier last night because I could put my name down as online complete if push came to shove. I was relieved when I got another "warm complete" last night. We got out early and Dave (an old colleague from other jobs years ago) with the supervisor took the bus to Carona station. The rain had stopped about 7:15pm. Dave and I rode the train to Clareview and I was home by 8:30pm. it was a pretty good day and now, I have 4 days off. Anyway, that's all for now.  

No comments:

Post a Comment