Friday, May 20, 2016

Finally, we're getting some badly needed rain here

in the Edmonton area, but it eased off a few hours ago. More rain is in the forecast over the next few days. I like days like this because it reminds me of back in the day we used to get a lot more rain in Edmonton. It's an El Nino year but I'd rather live here in Edmonton then anywhere else: Here's what I mean and Ian's photos is a small part of this great city I call, home.

In a way I knew something like this was going to happen to me this weekend: The left side of my face is swollen due to a rotted tooth in my lower jaw. I took something Joyce gave me a few weeks ago when I thought I had something then, but that was a false alarm. Anne said she had some Tylenol for me but I thought maybe the worst is over. Then it flared up on me last night, that's when I reached for the oral gel and the pain re leaver. Surprisingly after about 9pm, that worked great. Then the pain flared up again about 4am. I tossed and turned in bed, and decided to take the last pill and a bit of the oral gel. That didn't help much. I went to the couch put the TV on for some repose. I had Skippy on the arm rest beside me and Silky to my left to keep me company. Other then a bit of swelling I feel a bit better. Every time I get dental pain like this my mouth fills up with saliva. This is going to be with me the whole weekend and a bit into next week. I'm just over a year from pension and I'll be able to apply for pensioner's medical benefits. Then I'll go through short term pain to have my teeth removed (whats left of them) and I won't have to put up with this crap any more. Yet life goes on.

At the moment I'm trying to enjoy a cup of coffee. Other then the above, I feel ok. I have 4 days off. Hopefully, when I call in Tuesday I'll have Tuesday off and I get a few weeks of work in to help cover for July. Before Anne leaves for her shift tonight, I'm going to hit her up for that Tylenol. At the moment, 12:30pm. I feel fine. Just a bit of toothache pain. Anyway, that's all for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment