Monday, March 13, 2017

I slept past twelve thirty

yesterday afternoon. I had a good 8.5 hours of badly needed sleep. I was mostly doing You Tube stuff all afternoon, while Anne returned her photo frame. She made us our late breakfast as the first period of the Oilers game got under way. What a 4-1 disaster that was. With 14 games left, my hopes for the Oilers keeping a playoff spot are fading fast. 

Update: Normally I'd be on my way to work right now and I waited for a long time for the bus. Traffic on 50th and 137th a block away was blocked Flashing Police lights were all over the place. Traffic was slowly trickling through but no ETS buses. A fellow ETS rider joined me and apparently knew more then I did: She works in Costco and said there was a shooting out there on the corner. It was about 3:15pm and no bus. I went back into the apartment as Anne was just getting up. I explained what I knew, "you could have walked down to Clareview station, you dumb fuck.." Then here comes my delayed bus. "Well, since your going to be late, why not phone in." So I did. Anne hadn't left yet but I got online to find the story. Apparently this man was on the corner of 137 and 50th a block away waving a rifle at bystanders. Police were notified and they got here asap and cornered off the area. This was at 11:30 this morning. The man that had the rifle fired 3 shots at Police. They returned fire and shot the man. The gunman was taken to hospital. He was still alive at 2pm. The story is under the heading of "locked and loaded."  Other then the ETS pedestrian last November a block away from us this is a quiet area. This gun totter wasn't inspired by anything. His Facebook page talks about the Illuminati, Satin, quitting his job. Obviously somebody that is very disturbed. Looks like I have a unexpected night off. I called in thinking I should say sick because I didn't know the ramifications of the above until I found the breaking news. But yeah, very scary.                

It looks like my market research job will have enough work to keep us busy for awhile. Some are suggesting we might have work heading into mid July. It's never happened during the 2 years I've been there but we'll see. It's my wife's birthday Thursday and she wants to go out for a birthday dinner after work, probably to BP's across the street since. It felt different to get the extra hour of daylight and somewhat weird seeing all that snow from over the past few days. Good news my commute into work today will about -1. Anyway, that's about all for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment