Saturday, March 18, 2017

This last Thursday night as my shft

was just winding down, I began to get the chills. Then stomach cramps. At first I thought it was a bit of food poising. I booked off early and hung around in case I needed to vomit. This was about 8:15. My shift was over at 9 I hobbled over to the bus shelter in extreme pain and a light throw up of something. Some of my on-the-way-home colleagues were concerned. One of the guys there Stan, usually rides with me up to Coliseum station. He was on duty from 1-9 so it was a long shift for him. He rode with me to Clareview and i hobbled to where the #11 bus waited. The bus driver let us out or when the bus stopped I must have been confused because I wanted to go to meet Anne at Boston Pizza (BP's) for a birthday dinner. Stan rode with me out of his way to Clareview and with me on the bus but when he knew I appeared disoriented I asked him if he could take my backpack into BP's Anne would be alone in the dinning area and would recognize my backpack. Stan was able to convince her that I'm alright just feeling stomach pain, I'm under duress of some kind. It wasn' t cold outside. I was slowly working my way around the corner where Goodlife meets 42nd street. Anne saw me and came running up to me. I thanked Stan for helping me. I had to lean on Anne to get to around Best buy. Some security or managers were by the stores entrance inside. Anne asked for help to call a taxi but they shrugged and ignored her. I mean, what could they do? I understand all that. So we hobbled to our apartment. I tried to get some sleep and for awhile I did but the pain came back. Anne had enough by this time, she called a taxi and we went over here to the North East medical centre. We've been here before a few years ago. 
       So after the intake they processed us and got me to a bed. I got the works, blood tests, 2 Xray's, 2 rounds of iV, urine sample ultra sound etc. Anne left around 9am for a few hours sleep and returned back about 2pm after the ultra sound and 3 enema's later, including a deep enema. I was really feeling stressed out and I asked if I could be released. They said they wanted to have me on iV therapy for a couple of days. They also discovered because of a toe nail I clipped off it became infected. If I didn't complain to go home, they probably would have kept me over night. I have no blood clot in my leg, my heart from the xrays were good. So they released me about 4pm. Be back Saturday at 8am for my first round of iV therapy. 
      About 5pm I felt better, Anne suggested because I wanted my Novation Circuit so bad we could go over to Long & McQuade on 107th Ave and 101st. I called to make sure it was there for me to pick up, and yes it was. "We're on our way," We took the bus to Clareview station, train to Central upstairs, street level and a brief wait for the #3 took us to the 1st stop on 107th. So I got what I needed. 
     Anne wanted to take me to the new food court at city Centre mall since I hadn't eaten much in the last 18 hours. I ordered some A & W. We had that and went home. Other then th long 15 hours or so at Emergency, Friday turned out ok after all.

So this morning we woke up at 7:30 and took a cab to Emergency. At intake, they processed me and Anne and I waited where we were told to go but instead of being hooked up to a iV stand a nurse came by and administered 2 plastic looking device (at different times of course) That whole process took less then 40 minutes. We were home by 9am. 

I slept until 1pm, Anne got up shortly after that and did her chores she likes to do and made me a bite to eat. She's off at work and I got a night off to myself and a Oilers game. Other then these 2 suspension sleeves on my legs and the iV in my arm bandaged and wrapped, I feel ok. We got to go back in Sunday morning but this time, we'll take the bus and after that walk down to Smitty's for our morning breakfast. Then back home and back to bed. Anyway, more about this later, that's all for now.  

No comments:

Post a Comment