Tuesday, March 21, 2017

Up and out of here

about 7:45 this morning for emergency to continue the iV treatment. I got a prescription for some steroid type creme to remove the redness on my skin, more saline and anti biotics. They removed the iV but another one will be added tomorrow. Then more of the saline/anti biotics. That might be enough but I've got to go get to my pcn and they love to play telephone tag. I didn't get a chance to get in contact with my pcn today.

After that was said and done, we walked to the bus stop by the Manning Crossing apartments, waited inside drafty ETS bus shelter under cold windy skies. Its not a arctic type cold but there was certainly a noticeable hint of Spring in the air. After about a 15 minute wait our bus came by and we headed over to Clareview station boarded a train for downtown Central station Anne had us go up the wrong exit instead of the one across the street from Service Canada. My walking isn't the greatest lately.

I got Anne's cpp form and I got my gis form and I filled it out as best I could. Anne was over by the phone near the entrance. It wasn't too busy in Service Canada but it was early yet. After about ten minutes I got a worker and she said my Notice of Assessment didn't show my cpp income. That was strange to her and me. I got a t1 General (CPP) form and submitted this to CRA. This means tomorrow morning after emergency, Anne's heading home and I'm going back down to Service Canada with a copy of the original form, then process it and head for home. The good news since I can apply for gis upon getting my notice of assessment even 6 months before I turn 65 as it takes a good 12 months to get it and the household has to apply for it every year if they want to claim it. Most Canadian households don't claim the gis because there's so little involved. This year it makes sense, next year when Anne gets her cpp, it might not. 

Anne bought us a cheep pizza at the food court as I had forgot there was one there and a coffee, which I didn't finish leaving it behind at Churchill. I had some pizza at noon and then we went to bed for a cat nap. Four hours latter for me, Anne went to Walmart to get the prescription filled. Hopefully this will be the last day of this emergency visit. Anyway, that's all for today

No comments:

Post a Comment