Tuesday, March 14, 2017

It was great having that day off yesterday

as I'm still not recovered from my cold. My voice sounds like garbled sandpaper. Its well known in the office that I'm still recovering from this cold that began shortly after family day. I've never called into the Super before at the charity job to cancel a shift there. 

I'm almost ready to buy the Novation circuit. Its about $96 down and $32/month. The downtown Long and McQuade store doesn't have it in stock, but when I called the guy yesterday he said they could do a inter branch delivery for me from their Southside store. I just want to make sure I'm still good at my market research job, before I go and buy this thing. Late Saturday afternoon with a half hour in the shift we were looking for were 18-34 year olds (all day) on a project we were trying to close out. I wrote a pre qualifying intro to make it part of the intro of the survey. 
       By 5:30pm we needed 5 more completes 18-34. Normally when we get a interested person to do the survey, we're supposed to put the potential respondent on hold, see the super first if we can take the potential respondent so as not to go over quota. 18-34 year olds are the most difficult demograph to get. I knew we had 5 completes to go at 5:30. I had nothing all day and most of us were struggling to stay awake. The constant dial tones can put one to sleep, especially after about 7 hours of dial tones, quota fills and answering machines. 
      We had 9 completes between about 10 of us at 10am, and all we could get was down to 5 by 5:30pm. The complete I had on the phone was 21. After sitting in that chair for almost an hour (I don't move to well getting up and out of that chair) I'm very slow. I could have lost the potential complete. That's happened before. I took it without going to see Super first. Super came over "Can I put you on pause for a bit sir?" I explained to Super he said "Ok," In other words the getting completes bar to the end wasn't moving very fast on the day. I knew my colleagues were almost in the same boat as I was. My neighbor got nothing. I had nothing, except just the one. 18-34 year olds are like gold when we have age group quota's like this. I had always seen Super before I took the complete before on this project etc. And it wasn't like I didn't have conformation from Super along the way of the current. I would have coded it as Respondent refusal, if we were over before putting it through. 
       What has this to do with the Novation circuit? I just want to make sure (based on Saturdays hic up at the end of the shift) I still have a job before I buy and open up a payment plan/account. My Southside job (where I'll be later today) is good to go until May 19th and there's lots of work coming up for my market research job maybe to the end of June. I need this job for June as my wife has a shortage of hours on her job. I need work at my market research job for the next 3 months, then I can make 2 monthly summer installments ($32). My charity job begins in September after this one and that's when pension kicks in. I probably could have said the above in less wordy of a middle section then this for sure, but its my blog.

The Pittsburgh/Calgary NHL game was going on the same time my wrestling was going on last night. That game went into OT and Calgary won their 10th straight pulling 3 point ahead of the Oilers. There is just one game separating the Oilers at 6th in the Western Conference to 9th. Yet at the same time there is just 2 games separating 6th-4th. Right now the Oilers are in the middle of this 8 game at home stand and 3 of 8 games have already been played and lost. The sky isn't falling here but with 14 games remaining our playoff picture looks a bit fuzzy. Dallas is in town tonight. I've got a feeling that we're going to lose this one. So far this current home stand isn't doing the Oilers any good.   

At least heading into work today the weather should be a lot nicer then its been. At the moment its +3* but feels like 0* because of the wind at 8 km/h. Most likely I'll meet Dave (a colleague I've known since the year 2,000) on the lrt heading in. Its a quick 4 hour shift and I'll get a ride home tonight. Anyway, that's all for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment