Wednesday, March 1, 2017

I'm going to have to find a

alternate way into work for my South side job. Yesterday when I left out of here, I took the LRT to Southgate and it was standing room only. I sat on the seat closest to the isle with my backpack on my lap. I wasn't denying or suggesting that if anyone wanted the window seat beside me, they couldn't go for it. Was it just the time of day or what? So I got the #52 bus because unlike the #6 behind it its less crowded and I can get out without having to push my way out of the bus. I get out just by the Toyota dealership there on Allard Way. Just as I got out and to the sidewalk where "The Spirit of Halloween," used to be. I walk to Calgary trail and head North to the light switch and into Centre 104. So just as I was getting to the entrance of the dealership, there was the #52 Southgate heading the other way. That's the #52 I see from downtown at Central Station. I can use ETS bus tracker before I leave and it will tell me when the #52 Southgate arrives at Central station so there's not that much waiting around. That's what I'm going to try today.

This March holds a sense of restlessness or anxiety for me more then any other month because in just 6 months, I turn 65. So what happens now? How do I cope with really becoming a senior citizen? I don't have to worry about work because I have two jobs. In September I'll almost be on full pension. When we file our taxes (and we're getting our taxes done) I'll be able to apply for the Federal and Provincial supplements. One thing is for certain, I can't keep both of those jobs. Both of those jobs are not guaranteed. Or their longevity are not guaranteed. Even though the job mentioned above has been around for decades, its end product is slowly fading out of use. I just don't want to end up being something like one of these guys:
Used under fair use


                            Image result for Cartoons about seniors muppets

My market research job has its ups and downs but I feel I'm doing more good out of the Southside job. I also want time off to do more music production and to use the gym and look after my health more. At the age of 65+ is where thins start going wrong with the body. I'm not a well man, and I didn't take care of myself growing up. For now except I have no upper teeth and my bottom teeth are causing me some grief (I still have a bit of this cold and coughing up phlegm) my vision isn't bad and I can still walk. I'm just worried for my immediate future. I don't know what I'd do without Anne. Am I mad because I'm almost a senior? No just a bit worried because I'll be entering into a different dynamic. Uncharted waters. I don't want to do the things seniors do. I don't want to hang out with young people because I'm not one of them, nor can I relate anymore, sigh. One things for certain, I'm going to have to drop one of those jobs, but which one? Anyway, that's all for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment