Saturday, September 30, 2017

Ahh 2 days off the

job and what do I get? I'm out of bed at 8am, yeesh. Anne offered me a sleeping pill and I would have slept longer if I took it. I'll have one before bed tonight/tomorrow morning.

Yesterday was substantially warm on my commute. I got my book at Audrey's and got into the office for work on time. Ok why is this even note worthy? Shortly before my 6:45pm break I got the chills. Then I got the hot flashes and I began sweating. I kind of suspected this had to do with Diabetes. After a bit of checking when I got home I found out that I was having hot and cold flashes. One of each. Its common knowledge that hot flashes occur mostly in women. It seems men can get them to when there is a substantial drop in testosterone levels. That's what I believed happened to me last night.

The town of Hinton (just West of Edmonton) could become the first geo thermal community in Canada. What they are aiming at doing is taping into abandon oil wells for thermal energy 5 kilometers below ground. This energy is renewable as well as clean. Geo thermal is nothing new. Countries in Europe have been using it for a long time. Boise Idaho fore example, uses geo thermal water to melt snow off the streets. Alberta has thousands of end of life oil wells. If we can work this out how to get the hot water out of the ground that's mixed in with oil and heavy metals, it could be a real boon here. Hinton hopes it could have some buildings go geo thermal in 2019. There are complications like legal and regulatory issues involved. By 2030 the province could generate a few hundred megawatts (MW) of power in a year to help replace the 6.3 gigawatts (GW) of power currently being generated by coal from Keephills 1, 2, and 3. It's going to need a lot more then a few hundred MW to replace Keephills. About 55% of this Province's energy comes from coal. Now that the NDP are phasing out coal, the NDP has said that they need to replace coal by 2030. That's only 13 years away and the 3 Keephill plants are only 3 out of 18 the Province has. Earlier this last Spring the Province has said they hope to add 5,000 MW by 2030. Geo thermal looks like it could be Alberta's end game energy wise.

After lunch/dinner I'm going to get a iTunes card so I can get Beatmaker 3. Now that I think I can get specific amounts on iTunes card at the till, makes me happy about that. However if the till says, otherwise, so much for that idea. Anyway, that's all for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment