Saturday, September 16, 2017

I'm giving this blog a lot of love

lately because of the time off I've had. Other wise, I'd be blogging maybe 2-3 times/week. When I get to work 3 times a week, I'll blog more frequently. It's not for lack of content, its just I go through various phases of busy and lax times. This is a lax time, so I'm blogging more. Well, you get it.

I don't usually talk to much about credit. Its too personal. Most of you reading this probably know about the recent breech of Equifax this week. I've never used the service, I just know my credit karma score is well above 650. I'm sure that's the next target for hackers. The Canadian Auto Association has said ~ 10,000 of its clients have had their data compromised, and ~143 million people in the US have had their accounts compromised. That's almost half the population of the US. Cyber security is a huge issue. Maybe everything should be kept offline for things like that.


Last March I got Novation Circuit on an account at my music store, to not only build credit but also to shore up my relationship with the store so when I want more gear. I'm finding Circuit to be rather limited and the devices initial luster is wearing off. Too bring new life into Circuit, I'm going to be pairing it with other gear. Right now I'm waiting for Electron's new Mk2 devices to come out. I'd like to get the Octatrack, which could be my next account. As for Circuit, I'm hoping they will release another firmware update before the end of the year. Some firmware updates I'd like to see is tempo change per patterns, more sample time, a looper for each engine, muting individual patterns etc.

This afternoon the Eskimo's are in Toronto. Its a 2pm game. This is where our 4 game losing streak comes to an end. If we lose today, this will be the worst Eskimo team in franchise history and after we started off with a 7-0 season. To be fare we've had more injuries then any other team in the CFL. Some people are attributing the injuries to the artificial turf. We used to have grass even during practice. Anyway, that's all for now.  

No comments:

Post a Comment