Friday, September 22, 2017

My shift last night

was cancelled. I don't know what the problem was but so far I have the green light for tonight. It looks like its a short project as there is no schedule planned for the upcoming week. If there is work for tomorrow, I'll go in. They did a test Wednesday but my shift was cancelled based on that test. I could get a cancellation at any time between now and 2:45pm, when I leave out of here. I could get 3 hours minimum or the full 5 hours tonight from 4-9, I won't know until tonight. It sounds like a short project though. I could get a shift for tomorrow but I'm not holding my breath. At least I'm not getting paid in black caviar. Whatever that means.

This weekend other then work tonight/tomorrow (allegedly) I think there is a Oilers training camp game on TV. The other day LA Kings/Vancouver Canucks played a historic NHL hockey game in Beijing. Sunday is WWE's pay per view "No Mercy." Can't wait for that. Then if that's not enough, our pvr's are going to be set to record Start Trek "Discovery." After 12 weeks off, the most important part of the weekend for me is working, tonight and all of Saturday. One of our lodge brethren is up for a Master Mason degree at a emergent meeting, and I'm missing that tonight. I'm also missing Lodge practice Sunday. I could always record Start Trek for latter, which is what we're going to do anyway, but "No Mercy" is a Live event and with that comes Maximus pizza. My main event "money" is on incumbent Broc Lesnar to win.

I have this nice hutch on my desk. Its from another desk set up from a few years ago. At the moment my 23" computer monitor is on my desk, taking up a lot of room.

I'd like to remove the connections from the monitor and stand and get a upright stand that just covers the bottom and not the monitor speakers or controls on the right side of said monitor. At glance it looks like the monitor would fit in that space. After a tape measure, its about half an inch short width and an inch short (without its initial stand) in height. The work around is to right angle and tilt the monitor forward by an inch. I can always replace the monitor in its original position if it doesn't work. I'd hate to lose the clock and the shelf for my drinks though. I got that nice mirror I can see Anne behind me. The main reason for the monitor there in that spot is mainly to alleviate desk space and because when I get the new laptop next year, I'm getting a laptop docking station. The nice thing about these is I can use the laptop without having to open the lid of the laptop. I'm looking at several here in town with a quad core i5/i7 (doesn't matter) at least 2.5Ghz 8 ram. I can always remove the stock 1Tb hard drive. My wife would flip if she knew I had a second laptop to replace my 2009 laptop. I'm looking at a upright laptop docking station and that's going to go right in the small cubby hole are right of the monitor. Those shelves are removable and adjustable. In a laptop stand, behind the monitor is where the laptop is going to go. Out of sight out of mind. And there will be enough space for the Xbox One X as well (in the New Year) I'm getting these baskets from our local Walmart and attach them to the underside of this desk. That's where I'm going to house all of the cabling, power bricks that sort of thing. The Xbox, doesn't come with a power brick. Anyway, this post has been a tad too long and I need to get ready for my shift this evening. Anyway, that's all for now.    

No comments:

Post a Comment