Wednesday, September 6, 2017

That was a really long weekend

which means summer is almost over. For the kids they go back to school. I'm hoping I get some good news about going back myself. To work that is, We've got a huge bill to pay down, and I want to get the Xbox One X hopefully by Black Friday. Even though I'm on pension, I'm not yet retired.  

Lets see, over the weekend we watched the 2011 The Green Hornet. It started out slow and kind of juvenile in parts before the middle but then it built up and non stop action from there. I don't know why its taken producers five years later to work on a sequel. We also watched Monday night Raw, which was ok. Last night we watched Smackdown Live which is a lot better show in my opinion. Anne and I try to watch a movie we haven't seen every weekend. We get out the popcorn or other snacks. I haven't seen the recent man from UNCLE movie. Anne says she's seen it but I'd like to. I'm thinking about watching Doctor Strange instead as we're a fan of Marvel Studio movies. I remember reading Strange Tales as a teenager before my back operation even. I'm looking forward to Star Trek Discovery coming out on the 24th and the upcoming Star Wars "The Last Jedi" coming out in December.

This month the NHL goes back to work, as training camp begins soon. Most of the pieces from last year are in place. I think it was a mistake to let Jordan Eberle go. This guy scores 20+ goals a season. Sure his contract was to inflated but still he's a good player. Looks like Jerome Igninla is still up for grabs. We still have some positions open that Iggy could fill, but there are other players in the system that could be a good asset if they make camp. As for football, the Esks blew out another Labour Day Classic, 18-39! I'm not too impressed with John Chick. Mike Reilly's timing was off. The Eskimo's are the most penalized team in the cfl.

Up this week, I'm open for today. Tomorrow I've got some public speaking to do. I know my material so I think I'll be ok. Also Thursday I've got to call the boss to see what's happening for work. Friday is the Saturday is the Stamps/Esks rubber match. I'll be buckled in for that one. Anyway, that's all for now.  

No comments:

Post a Comment